Glasson Maritime Festival 2008
Click the above button to view details of 2008 Festival
Glasson Maritime Weekend
15th & 16th April 2006
Event took place on Saturday and Sunday, A preserved tug Brocklebank which came from Merseyside maritime museum was open to the for public viewing.
Also present was the Environment Agency Coastal Guardian research vessel which the public could view and chat to the crew.
a view from across the basin towards Lancaster
in a marquee on the dock side was Punch and Judy which entertained the crowd both young and old.
The Royal Navy attended with there mobile unit and was frequented by members of the public
A few of the locals got involved by acting as Marshalls over the weekend they greeted everyone with a smile and chatted about the village.
Also running over the weekend was a 1948 AEC Regal III coach, Ex-Florence Motors of Morecambe, which provided a link between Glasson Dock
and Lancaster Maritime Museum on St George's Quay
also wandering around the dock area where several nautical characters pictured here
are a beautiful Mermaid on her sea horse and captain Bullock and his giant parrot.
In the Dalton Arms, sea song and shanty sessions were held on both days and for the more adventurous visitors
staff from RSPB's Leighton Moss Nature Reserve ran bird watching and wildlife explorations along the Lune coastal path.
Also over the weekend the usual crowd of bikers outside The Lock Keepers Rest